Little Women and Me by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

Little Women and Me - Lauren Baratz-Logsted

"Review"
“There’s no such thing as a perfect book,”

As a reader I have often come across books which, even if I liked them, I want to change in one way or another. So this quote completely got my attention, and within seconds of starting to read, I was fully engrossed in it. I wanted to see what will happen next? What one thing will Emily change about her favourite book? and I must say that she didn't disappoint me in any way.
Emily is middle child and she has often felt that she comes "last" in everything. She doesn't appreciate the fact that boy she had huge crush on is crushing on her sisters and never paying attention to her at all. When she chooses "Little Women" as the book to write her assignment on, things go crazy. she is literally sucked into the books and now all the characters not only talk to her but she is in fact living with them.
(This was the best part, I have always wondered what it would be like to live in a book. I loved this idea).
She ended up as fifth (and middle) March sister.

"Emily, my middle March ,
know that even when you feel
there is no clear place for you,
there is always in my heart."

When she realises that she was there to stay she decided to change one thing about the book. That will be saving Beth's life. She hopes that after that she will be able to go back to her world again. Hence, her struggle to fit into with her new world begins....
At fist it is not easy to like Emily. She seems like a brat but that is not a big issue as it only gives uniqueness to a lead character. I also think that in many ways she was hilarious. The way she thinks, acts, it was quite entertaining as well. Story is funny and interesting. As far as stories based on classics goes, I think it is pretty unconventional. As the author actually changes somethings from the original version. The completely unexpected ending was also a nice twist in the story, which made it all the more enjoyable. I can see how the fans of original work will dislike this book. We (readers) tend to be emotional when it comes to our favourite characters. But as I have never read Little Women, I can give objective opinion on this book. I enjoyed reading it a lot and will recommend to those readers who believe that they can take a little "messing around" with the original characters and how they are portrayed.
Source: http://mineofbooks.blogspot.com/2014/03/little-women-and-me-by-lauren-baratz.html