The Sword of Demelza

The Sword of Demelza - J.E. Rogers An entertaining as well as informative read for children. It's about the wild life of Australia. Although the book is meant for children, I enjoyed it just as much as any child will.
As we embark on an adventure with Erik and Emma, two kowaris, many unexpected things happen. They are both on a quest to save their mother. She has been bitten by a brown snake and now they need certain ingredients to make a potion which will revive her. Aldon (the keeper of the forest) and Oswin (the owl) are guiding them.
On the other side of the forest a young fox (Devon) is on a mission to hunt down the cruel thylacine and kill him for murdering his parents and destroying his home. Devon was separated from his father when he was just a kit. His father Cynric (the king of Demelza) thought him to be dead and haunted by his memories, had become cruel. He is scared for life and now no one is safe from his wrath.
There are other villains as well who play their role in this amazing adventure. Dragon lizards were the cruelest. They burn down villages and kill without mercy.
The paths of Devon and the two siblings coincide and another adventure, they haven't foreseen, begins....
It is an amazingly well written book. All the animal-characters are beautifully described and they will lead you to enter another dimension where dragon lizards attack villages, spiders have mums and small animals fight to save their world.

It was a five star read without a doubt. I also want to thank the author for free copy. I enjoyed it immensely and also learned about a lot of animals, I hadn't known before.