Affaire de Coeur

Affaire de Coeur - Stephanie O'Hanlon It is historical romance set in 18th century France. The story revolves around aristocrats of that time. The way ladies indulged in gossip and spreading rumors. How everything was everyone's business. But Maddy was not one of the nobles. She was staying with a friend, while her father was away and that is how she was introduced to the life in Paris. She loved the glamour but hated the fact that people could be cruel.
During her stay she fell in love with a Comte but they kept their affair a secret until things spiraled out of control....
This was a delightful read. I have always loved historical romances, although I must admit that this was the first I read about French aristocracy. I liked it a lot and had fun reading it. I loved all the characters and they way story is written. Author has tried to describe everything in great details including the dresses they wear and the places they visit. Which was interesting to say the least. I hope to read more of O'Hanlon's superb books :)